Autor Tema: Tarantino’s “Star Trek”  (Pročitano 753 puta)

0 članova i 1 gost pregledaju ovu temu.

Van mreže Aca

• Global Moderator
  • Dominator
Tarantino’s “Star Trek”
« poslato: 24.07.2019 07:35:47 »
Citat
Do you prefer classic Star Trek to the newer version? Turns out those behind the more current versions may not be the biggest fans of it either.

Filmmaker Quentin Tarantino is currently developing a new Star Trek film, one that sounds effectively standalone despite utilising the cast of the current incarnation of the franchise that began in 2009 with the J.J. Abrams-directed semi-reboot.

How much involvement he’ll ultimately have is not clear at the moment, however he has previously expressed his love for the original 1960s “Star Trek” series. During a recent appearance on the HappySadConfused podcast he doesn’t hold back his distaste for the way the Abrams era of the franchise wiped the pre-existing canon clean and it turns out Abrams appears to agree with him and has given him carte blanche to change it how he sees fit:

“I still don’t quite understand how – and J.J. can’t explain it to me and my editor [Fred Raskin] has tried to explain to me and I still don’t get it – about… something happened in the first movie that now kinda wiped the slate clean?

I don’t buy that. I don’t like it. I don’t appreciate it. F–k that. I don’t like that. I want the whole series to have happened! It just hasn’t happened yet. And Benedict Cumberbatch or whatever his name is, is not Khan. Khan is Khan. And I told JJ, ‘I don’t understand this, I don’t like it’ and he said, ‘Ignore it! Nobody likes it! I don’t understand it! Do whatever you want! If you want to do it the exact way it happened in the [original series], it can.'”

The 2009 semi-reboot involved an event in 2387, eight years after “Star Trek: Nemesis,” when a supernova destroyed Romulus. In the process, both Spock (Leonard Nimoy) and Nero (Eric Bana) were thrown back in time to the year 2233 where they encountered the U.S.S. Kelvin (with Kirk’s father onboard) and in the process changed time. The films then continued on this alternate timeline, dubbed the Kelvin timeline, and so events in them didn’t impact the original timeline dubbed the Prime Universe timeline.

Abrams’ films may have proven popular, but they’ve also been heavily criticised for ignoring much of what makes “Star Trek” what it is, instead turning it into his practice sessions for “Star Wars”. While some remain sceptical about Tarantino’s approach, it does sound like he is a fan of the franchise’s classic approach and will have more respect and deference towards it.

At present, the film has no timeline of production and therefore no release date.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/tarantinos-star-trek-to-ignore-abrams-timeline/

Van mreže Ivan

• Urednik
  • Dominator
    • Ivan's Blog
Odg: Tarantino’s “Star Trek”
« Odgovor #1 poslato: 24.07.2019 08:57:22 »
Nije mi jasno, jel sad on snima Star Trek film ili se jos premislja? Posto ovde izgleda kao da je to vec reseno, a u nekom drugom tekstu sto sam citao (ne secam se gde tacno) sve jos uvek deluje kao hipoteticki scenario.
www.madheadgames.com
facebook.com/madheadgames
twitter.com/madheadgames

Van mreže Aca

• Global Moderator
  • Dominator
« Odgovor #2 poslato: 24.07.2019 09:57:27 »
"Currently developing".  :)
Što realno može da znači svašta, ali verujem da će možda i režirati (pored pisanja scenarija).

A koliko vidim iz intervjua, JJ je vrlo svestan činjenice da njegovi Kelvin Timeline filmovi nisu previše omiljeni kod dobrog dela publike, tako da mu je dao carte blanche.
« Poslednja izmena: 24.07.2019 10:02:04 Aca »

Van mreže DieH@rd

• Living in 1080p
  • Dominator
  • :-/ Prosuo sam sok na tastaturu... :-/
« Odgovor #3 poslato: 24.07.2019 10:57:19 »
Posle neuspeha Beyond-a na blagajnama, i clusterfucka koji je nastao kod castinga za 4. deo, taj ceo storyline je mrtav.  Zavrsili smo sa tom alternative-TOS [post-Kelvin] pricom.

Van mreže Aca

• Global Moderator
  • Dominator
« Odgovor #4 poslato: 24.07.2019 12:08:32 »
Posle neuspeha Beyond-a na blagajnama, i clusterfucka koji je nastao kod castinga za 4. deo, taj ceo storyline je mrtav.  Zavrsili smo sa tom alternative-TOS [post-Kelvin] pricom.

Thank The Gods.

Van mreže bear

• Dominator
« Odgovor #5 poslato: 26.07.2019 06:56:43 »
Kada pomislis da ne moze biti gore...